Navigation Bar

December 14, 2008

New Thing #75: Quilting 101

Hi everyone, It's been a while since my last post. I am sure I've done a few things since last time I was on but I will tell you what I can remember:
1.) Took a lovely walk in the snow (I know!!) and looked at all the Christmas lights!
2.) Made Chocolate Chip cookies from the Gourmet cookbook.
3.) Writing in my hand-made Christmas cards that I stamped, embossed, glitter-fied, and sequined!
4.) Made a blanket for my mom and (gasp) quilted it all by myself! Since forever I only thought there were 2 ways to baste a quilt: by hand or by "gun". But now I have discovered that they make "quilter's basting pins" They are like safety pins but slightly curved. So now, I don't feel so bad about quilting and I was able to make a Christmas present for my mom.

No comments: