Navigation Bar

May 9, 2010

New Thing #114: Heirloom Variety

This new thing is productive, ideally :) I will be growing heirloom tomato varieties from seedlings I purchased at the Beaverton Farmer's Market. I got 4 varieties, two determinate and two indeterminate to see which type I like better: Costoluto Genovese, Green Zebra, Matina, Campbell are the varieties I'm trying. The Italian variety (Costoluto) can weigh up to a pound and has scalloped edges. The green zebra is a fresh green tomato. The Matina is ... well ... just a normal red tomato I think. And the Campbell is the tomato created by the Campbell Soup Co. in the R&D division 50 years ago! Neato! We'll see how this adventure goes. I'm already growing strawberries left over from our former neighbor. I am thinking about what other things to plant.

No comments: