Navigation Bar

June 21, 2010

New Thing #116: Saw Anthony Bourdain at the Baghdad

Tony Tony TONY! You rock my world. I saw Anthony Bourdain give a Powell's book talk about his newest release, "Medium Raw." I think this picture is super funny! It was kind of how he was too. The guy was very, very funny in that off-putting, could buy him a drink way... two guys actually DID buy him a shot of whiskey, which cracked up the audience. Erin almost didn't get in because Ticketmaster didn't have her tickets placed at will call – those jerks! They charge like an arm and a leg in taxes and then poof, don't even deliver. But thankfully, she has a smart phone and showed her receipt on screen. We saw him on the street before and after the book talk. He was like 10 feet away from me – wicked! We also got amazingly great seats in the second row of the Baghdad Theater. I was kind of disappointed that all of the praise on the new book's jacket was about his previous book, "Kitchen Confidential," which I HAVE to read now. A funny interchange happened between Erin and I:
Me: "Wow, he's so skinny!"
Erin: "Heroin."
Me: "OHHhhhhhhhh!"

No comments: