Navigation Bar

December 23, 2011

30by30: 8.) Works of art, Sugar riding a Velociraptor

This work of art was inspired by several things. First, I recently purchased the new book 642 Things to Draw and that made me create my own version of it with additional drawing options. This drawing was inspired by one created by The Oatmeal, a Seattle cartoonist who I admire. The cat is my Siamese, Sugar , and she is riding one of the all time terrifying animals, a Velociraptor! I was terrified of that scene in Jurassic Park when the V-raptors learn how to open the doors ... shiver. Anyways, my cat is clearly awesome because she is flaunting her glory. I have done several drawings in pencil, ink and colored pencil for the two books. Between the two, I think there are more than 1,000 different subjects to draw from! I love writing prompt books, so having a "drawing prompt" book is fantastic. :)

No comments: