Navigation Bar

March 1, 2014

Day 105: Blythe doll 1

I tried to incorporate the tools that I saw from the Will Terrell video yesterday. About holding the pencil flat against the paper to give a loose beginning sketch and move from the shoulder, pressing very lightly. I used a blending stump to smooth out lines instead of my finger and moved the book around so I was always drawing toward myself, which helped keep the paper clean and things in perspective. She was fun to do and she has a haunted, starved look about her that I really like. She reminds me of the corpse bride. I think this is one of my favorite drawings I've done on this project to date.

 Materials: Grey sketchpad, 2B pencil, blender
Time: 20 minutes

I came back to make her look more raw:

Time: 10 minutes additional

No comments: