Navigation Bar

October 25, 2011

30by30: 26.) Repair, furnish and decorate the backroom

The last room in our house that is not usable (as it currently stands) is the backroom leading out to the yard. We've been considering different ways of dealing with it but have left it as a winter project. We have ripped out the fireplace mortar that was left by the previous owner and the wall-mounted heater that took up one whole wall. We had the sliding doors (there were two of them) replaced with a vinyl door. We have some ceiling damage from a leak and we need to replace the floor and get a more functional heater. We are replacing a leaking window with a round window. We will need to decorate and furnish the room too.

Today I had help from my mother-in-law with spackling, sanding and painting the room. My hubby and I selected Behr paint in Gold Buff. My MIL and I sprayed on orange peel texture and spackled and sanded like crazy. The place that had the fireplace is completely hidden now.

BEFORE TODAY













AFTER TODAY

No comments: