Navigation Bar

January 9, 2012

30by30: 30.) Commit time on Rosetta Stone

I've just checked out the Pimsleur language approach for Japanese I. Talking to myself during my hour, 20 minute commute to Sherwood is long, boring and causes me much anxiety. I've downloaded like 30 gigs of audiobooks and I also checked out this Pimsleur CD collection from the library so I can learn how to speak Japanese. I really want to learn how to speak Japanese because right now with my interest in becoming involved with the J.E.T. program at some point, that makes sense. Also, heritage wise I also want to speak German. I think French and Italian are the prettiest languages. And Spanish is the most practical. But for now, I'm just trying to focus on Japanese. I have Rosetta Stone for all of those languages available to me through my husband, so I can start that whenever. I figure I can get ahead on Japanese by trying the Pimsleur approach and see how that fits.

So far, with Lesson 1, I've left feeling sort of offended because it's "an American man speaking with a Japanese woman" at a bar. I mean COME ON! I feel like a liberal feminist all upset about something like that.

No comments: