Navigation Bar

September 22, 2012

30by30: 11.) Take 30 dance classes - COMPLETE + EXTRA CREDIT


Wow! This goal went even better then I had originally expected it to! In my willingness to take 30 dance classes, I actually became involved in White Bird's 15th Anniversary celebration which was comprised of a performance of a French Canadian choreographer's work called Le Grand Continental.

I signed up for discounted classes at Northwest Dance Project via a Living Social special. I took 10 classes through them: Lyrical Jazz, Contemporary Fusion, Ballet Barre and Hip Hop.

Then I auditioned and made the Le Grand Continental with a good friend, Erin that I have known since high school. She and I have been working with the other 150+ Le Grand dancers to perform on September 30th in Pioneer Courthouse Square. We meet every Tuesday and Thursday at the Oregon Expo Center from 6 to 9 pm. It's been a wild and amazing journey. At the end of the performance, each dancer will receive a complimentary DVD of our performance. Here is a video you can watch of the Montreal performance, which was the original: http://vimeo.com/35144677

No comments: