Navigation Bar

September 13, 2012

30by30: 21.) Join a Book Club - COMPLETED

So this completed 30 by 30 posting is both a success and a failure. During my Masters program, I became friends with everyone in my cohort. Some of us had similar tastes in literature and the four of us decided to create our own fantasy/ sci-fi book club. Success, right?

Well, since the start of September all of them except me have gotten employed full-time in their first role as a classroom teacher. Because of that I haven't heard back from anyone about the book club. We had even picked and read our first book, The Neverending Story by Michael Ende which is a fantastic book if you have never read it. Sadly, no one has been returning my calls about scheduling our first meeting about it.

I think this was still a success but instead of having a monthly meeting, maybe we have a quarterly meeting? Or maybe we just read each other's book recommendations via email?

No comments: