Navigation Bar

October 4, 2009

New Thing #91: Attended a Moon Viewing

I volunteered to help sensai at the Portland Japanese Garden's Moon Viewing event. It was a three-night event, but I helped on the last night. I was privileged to work on the actual night of the full moon. It was a fun event. At the tea room, we did four tea making demonstrations. I did the first one! I did okay. I knew where I need to do better next time. I met many of her Friday night Aikido students. And I had a boy make me tea! It was so neat. I've never seen that before :). I tried some sake and a chicken skewer. I wrote a haiku to the moon and drew a picture and put it on the haiku board. I listened to the musicians play on the authentic instruments (very lovely, btw). The evening got a little chilly at the end but no rain, thank goodness ;)

No comments: