Navigation Bar

March 18, 2010

Cooking Adventures

Mom went to the emergency room today and may stay the night at the hospital. In order to remain calm, since Kevin is gone and I'm feeling very overwhelmed, I started to cook. And cook. And cook. I fried the remaining pieces of bacon. I prepared a marinade for the steak I plan to eat tomorrow with soy sauce and garlic, which I promptly spilt on the floor and dropped a steak on the linoleum. What won't kill me right? So, I'll eat it anyway. I took a salmon fillet and drenched it in lemon juice and threw some capers and green olives on top with some sea salt. I'll broil it for like 15 minutes and serve it to myself with green beans or something. Then I took two remaining baked potatoes and mashed them up with low-fat sour cream, salsa and I plan to microwave it to melt gruyere cheese and heat some tiny pieces of bacon (which I cooked first if you remember) and have yummy "mexi" mashed potatoes. I had made chocolate-chip banana bread Tuesday night and have a lot of that left.

I plan to go to Winco tonight if I need to get out and get some canned goods to restock our pantry ... which is already full but I just thought it would be helpful to have things like enchilada sauce...

No comments: