Navigation Bar

March 24, 2010

New Thing #108: Iron Grinder

I watched a frightening Buffy episode today that had to deal with mythological villains that had iron teeth. They were very scary. It didn't help that they stole your voice and then cut your heart out and you couldn't scream - ick. Anyway, new thing! I ground the rust out of my cast iron frying pan and "reasoned" by baking in the oven for an hour with hydrogenated vegetable oil. To be fair, I don't really know if it is seasoned or not. It left a terrible (and I mean terrible) stench after being baked in the oven for so long. And parts of it are silver and parts are black. But now I know that I can't keep it beneath my colander or my porcelain fish dish because the water will just soak into it and rust it. So, where do I put (hide) a 15 + pound cast iron frying pan?

No comments: