Navigation Bar

March 24, 2012

30by30: Extra Credit #3: Snowshoeing


To celebrate spring break (and in order to relax from grad school), the hubby and I took an overnight trip at Timberline Lodge. Normally I'm content with sitting by the fire while he snowboards; however, this time I took it upon myself to go snowshoeing. I rented a pair of snowshoes from the ski rental place at Timberline and set off on the West Leg Road snowshoe trail of 2.5 miles. I was pooped by the end but it was gorgeous, as you can see from above scenery! I did get bonked in the head by falling snow, but no damage. It was lovely, crystal clear and you could see for miles and miles when the trees opened up. No skiers or snowboarders ran in to me either. As part of the cost of the rental, you get to take the lift back up to the top and that was really fun too. Snowshoeing... very fun!

No comments: