Navigation Bar

November 30, 2013

Day 15: Falling down the stairs in style


Today I decided to have my art project be my style choices for going out for the evening.

I'm not exactly sure why I decided to have this "count" as Day 15's Art365 but it just felt right. I spent a lot of time on my choices on what to wear for the evening as well as my make-up and hair. And I'm a firm believer that style and fashion are art forms and use creative and artistic skills to put together.

Normally I'm a "throw it together" kind of girl, but I wanted to look put together and sophisticated but still playful and a little edgy for tonight's plans.

My husband and I met up with his boss and various others at Henry's Tavern in downtown Portland. I was the designated driver so I was drinking Sprite. (Really, only Sprite)

Anyway,  not 30 seconds after Kevin took this picture of me, I fell down the stairs (like 5 of them) and hurt my right ankle. It's not broken but I did tweek it badly. I'm not a klutz and my shoes were flat, so it just happened because I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.

Now that I'm home, I've been icing it and doing the normal thing. There is no swelling and I've been watching my pain to monitor anything getting worse or not getting better.


What a pain!

This picture to the right was taken moments before I fell down the stairs, but it seems to sum up the whole debacle rather accurately.


I do think I will continue to "count" style/fashion choices if they take me as long as they took me this evening. It uses creativity and my body and personality becomes the artistic medium :)



Clothing
Wrap shirt: Diane von Furstenberg
Skirt: Anne Taylor LOFT
Leggings: H&M
Boots: vintage
Necklace: Crossroads vintage


1 comment:

Steph said...

Ouch! Hoping you heal quickly!