Navigation Bar

November 23, 2013

Day 8: Qwirkle and paint test page

I was testing my Canson mixed media book with acrylic paint. There are a few benefits to this book. I do like how there is no bleed through to the back page. That could come in handy if I use my art markers on one side, which have severe bleed through.  It lays relatively flat from the binding. Size wise they are easy to carry, which could lead to some fun opportunities to take it out of the house for painting experiments. As a testing page for techniques, it would be fine.

I'm not very pleased with the results due to the amount of page curl. I will NOT be purchasing more of these books and I can see why they were on the 75% off table at the art store :) It was super cheap at $2.99, which is most likely part of the reason why I am not recommending it as a good painting surface/medium overall. Clearly others were complaining about it or Canson decided it was a shoddy product.

Today we had planned to play the game Qwirkle with friends, so I was inspired with paint and construction paper. It's a fun game that is sort of like dominoes but with colors and shapes. Also I decided to test the capacity of Elmer's washable clear school glue for kicks and to see if it actually dried clear or left residue. While I was seeking construction paper colors, I found some art work and various materials from 1995 in elementary school, which I will try to use in later posts :)
 This is also a good test because I glued paper across the binding of the book. I'm wondering if the acrylic paint will stick and become gross to the other side of the paper. More notes to come.


No comments: