Navigation Bar

August 21, 2009

New Thing #81: Baked New Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (Great!)


For my 26th birthday barbeque, I baked two dozen+ thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies from “The New Best Recipe Cook Book.” That book is all about the “science” of cooking. These cookies turned out phenomenally well – the catch was that I added an extra egg yolk and higher proportion of brown sugar to white sugar. They had a ruffled texture on top (not smooth, slick or oily looking on top like normal home-baked cookies) and were very chewy. I didn’t have any chocolate chips so I substituted the dutch semi-sweet chocolate sprinkles. That was also really good. I gave everyone a little goodie bag of cookies when they left. Here is a picture of what they would look like with chocolate chips. Very, very good recipe!

No comments: