Navigation Bar

August 26, 2009

New Thing #83: Attended OMSI: After Dark



I joined adults 21 and over for OMSI After Dark. The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry hosts a once a month activity for adults where they serve alcohol and bar all kids from entering the building from 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. on the fourth wednesday of each month during the summer. I was especially interested in going because they have a CSI: The Experience exhibit where you can go and solve the crimes for yourself :) It is leaving in early September and I had to see it prior to it going away. Amanda, my friend who, like me, loved the series before it got stupid, attended with me.

We did many of the small activities that you NEVER can get to when there are kids around: The hair bottle rockets and the ball room. We did the earthquake house and the static electricity ball (see my pic for more details, haha). We spent an hour waiting for the CSI exhibit, but once we got in, we went through twice, which was good. They had the miniatures there from the miniature killer episodes, which was awesome too! It was loads of fun! But as a side note, go through the exhibit first because otherwise the line gets longer and longer and we missed out on the special expert talks because we were in line, which was to bad.

No comments: