Navigation Bar

May 2, 2012

30by30: 2.) New Recipe: Biscuits and Gravy

What would my favorite breakfast be without a healthy (in this case, "large") serving of the all time yummy Biscuits and Gravy. As much as I love this dish, I have never made it for myself. The hubby and I munched on this deliciousness this morning :) Though not a new "dinner" dish, it could easily pass for any meal but was really worth it.

My Aunt Bev makes amazing B&G with venison sausage. The sausage is definitely a must for any B&G recipe, but what people fail to consider is the quality of biscuits.

For the best B&G I've tasted (besides my Aunt's), check out Pine State Biscuits in Oregon. A yuppy, preppy place that should be featured on an episode of Portlandia. You get a plate and it's to DIE for!

This breakfast was just made with Pillsbury biscuits, "country" style ground sausage and McCormick's Country gravy packet. Not form scratch; however, in a pinch this is still delectable! Plus, it only took 20 minutes for everything, which was a nice time saver. Saved myself the $6 for the B&G at my all time fav Gateway Breakfast House, also very good but more country-diner-style.

No comments: