Navigation Bar

January 8, 2014

Day 54: Six Word Memoir

Today's art was all about writing. The Six Word Memoir as a means of doing some soul searching and creative practice. I was wondering about the difference between a memoir and an autobiography. A memoir is about an event or snapshot of a person's life, whereas an autobiography chronicles their entire life.

I lay in bed tossing and turning and wondering how I could describe myself in six words. I some how did it in five. Suddenly these words popped in to my head and I scrambled for my journal, penning these down hastily and in darkness. They are both strangely comforting and insightful about my current state of being:

lonely unhappy teacher kicks ass

It's positive and negative. I'm so hard on myself on a daily basis and I am my biggest critic. Yet, I totally know I rock and I'm proud of the obstacles I have overcome and achievements I have earned. It's a pretty big pendulum swing back and forth, back and forth between self-criticism and self-congratulation.

So, that's today's artistic pursuit.

Time: 1 hour (going back and forth about how best to write this post)
Materials: Brain, laptop :)

No comments: