Navigation Bar

January 29, 2014

Day 75: Mandela for School

Next week will be the beginning of a new semester where I teach. As a "get to know you" activity, I'm having my students create personal mandelas. A mandela is a circle that uses symbols instead of words to represent a person.

In the center of my circle is my family: my husband and my cat. I drew a sun to show that we are happy when we are together. On the left side of the circle is a book and an apple which represents my career as a teacher. On the top part of the circle is a green tent like what I had in my childhood and a roaring campfire. This represents my passion for going camping and the outdoors in general. On the right hand side is a paint brush and a simple work of art. That represents my love of the arts and creating things with my hands. On the bottom is a car on a road which represents my deeply engrained passion for traveling.




Materials: pencil, ink, colored pencils, crayons
Time: 30 minutes

No comments: