Navigation Bar

February 10, 2014

Day 87: Snowpocalypse Day 4

For Christmas Kevin and I received these customizable monkeys. This made me begin researching 3d paintable art. There is a lot of variety out there.


I found two discount vinyl do it yourself toys at my favorite art store. These are the 7" primed sets from Munnyworld by Kidrobot. 


This is Munny. (Above)


And this is Raffi.

It's amazing to look at the customizable vinyl toy market. This led me to the Neo Blythe doll crazy. This is all amazing how crazy folks can go for these. I got sucked in to researching for HOURS as the snow melted around me. It was definitely a snow day :)

I found a neat idea from the Salvation Army for 50 cents. Customizing this 1979 doll. Recognize her? She is well loved and I don't think a collector would be interested in her, uncustomized. 



What I like about her:
#1 vinyl head with great head to body ratio (similar to Blythe doll)
#2 hands can grip custom items
#3 fun vinyl accessories (see shoe)
#4 threaded hair
#5 standing holes on feet bottoms
#6 bendable joints at shoulder and hips

This research took all day and was the creative thing. 




No comments: