Navigation Bar

February 20, 2014

Day 96: Vanessa and late night style

I have a very stylish friend name Vanessa who I've know since high school. In other words, a long time :) We usually try to meet once a month to do dinner at one of our houses and this time I hosted. I was feeling in a funk and so I shyly asked V if she would mind giving me some style advice and helping me with some questions I had regarding my wardrobe. In about 30 minutes we were flying through my clothes, shoes and chunky accessories draped everywhere. We had a wonderful time and by the end of it I had really boosted my confidence from your attention to detail and great eye. A couple of fashion tricks she taught me are below:

A chambre shirt works wonders but try cuffing the sleeves.

If I'm sick of long tops, try tops that hit me at my natural waist and adjust the bottoms up too.

Vintage fur can be given an edge with chunky Docs and cuffed jeans.

Mix textures on top.

Another vintage coat given an edge

Mixing textures: leather and gossamer








No comments: