Navigation Bar

February 16, 2014

Day 92: steno pad

I have fond memories of office supplies. My mom used these steno pads as her weekly "what to tape" guides. She would go through the newspaper TV guide and write down the things she would need to tape that week. 

As an adult now I'm very picky about my office supplies. I'm getting pickier about art supplies too. I envy people who don't mind sketching on thin or lined paper because sometimes bleed thru can lead to charming results. But honestly I just get annoyed by it. Other stuff includes Paint that isn't vibrant. Brushes that lose bristles or don't hold water well. I'm slowly taking stock of all the supplies and deciding on things that are junk and which will make for better art and frankly, the better the medium the easier it is to use for the artist. I can use junk supplies for projects where it doesn't matter or when I know the brush will be ruined.

To be honest, some of my favorite books for this project are the 712 or 642 things to draw books which are crappily bound AND has thin pages. It's self-contained and easy to store and I like those things. But they don't necessarily have me drawing things from life, which I need to practice.

Here's my Steno Notes pad...thinking about my mom. :)


Materials: ink
Time: 10 minutes

No comments: