Navigation Bar

October 14, 2008

New Thing #65: Revelation #1

I was emotionally unable to complete a new thing activity today but I realized something about myself instead that I believe should count. I just got so torn up about getting to the end of the "Avatar: The Last Airbender" series that I couldn't stop thinking about it and I lay awake tossing and turning and not feeling well the next day. I have always liked how imaginative I am: How I get so involved with books and movies, etc. I just hate how it bothers me if the story line doesn't move in a way that pleases me. I suppose that is normal with anyone. But, I feel that it especially affects my day negatively or positively depending on how the fictional plot goes. I cried when Harry Potter ended. I cried when the Pirates movies ended. Today I cried over the Avatar TV series, and I can't help asking myself "why?"

I realized that If good stories never ended then there would be no room for new stories to enjoy. And that should be consoling me because at least the ending of Avatar and Harry Potter satisfied me. And I'm always on the look out for new adventures in the Land of Make Believe.

No comments: