Navigation Bar

October 7, 2008

New Thing #58: Clean Coal: Fact or Fiction?

I researched clean coal technology. A good place to start is the wikipedia entry for clean coal technology.

I don't really know which to believe. I mean I understand that in the clean coal making process, the coal will still create waste -- it just won't be causing global warming anymore. It will be buried underground which seems like just another way we'd be poisoning our planet and possibly our water supplies could be affected by long-term exposure to the "impurities" in the coal. (Most of this is from the Greenpeace point of view) The other thing though is that we HAVE to remove ourself from foreign oil in our manufacturing processes and our energy consumption. But I wish we would go straight to wind or solar farms rather then coal or nuclear power. And that's what I have to say about that. Please feel free to make your own conclusions and comment below.

No comments: