Navigation Bar

October 11, 2008

New Thing #62: Hisssssss

I made a door snake to improve insulation. I bought like five pounds of red kidney beans and sewed a neat snake with button eyes and a red felt tongue. I remember growing up we had a green upholstery fabric snake that we'd use in winter and it was filled loosely enough that we could drape it over the doorknob when it wasn't put down. I remember this one time we were staying in a hotel and I was sleeping on the floor and my parents were in the bed and there was a draft under the door and someone had to jam their jacket underneath it to keep me warm. After that moment, I always regarded the friendly green door snake as a means to keep warmth in the house.

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

I made one of these for my office several years ago.

The office was originally a house; the door into the garage (which we never used) was in my area. There was a large gap at the bottom of the door, and cold air kept blowing on me while I used the computer!