Navigation Bar

December 14, 2013

Day 29: A Brave Little Toaster (for Kevin)

Almost one month finished with the Art365 project. It's been rewarding so far. One comment I should make is that I have been getting away with is usually a nightly drawing that takes less then 20 minutes to complete. If I truly want to get better at something I'm going to have to focus a LOT more of my free time to developing myself as an artist. That's not saying ALL my free time but I'm still spending more time then I would like sitting on the couch not doing anything productive accept resting after a hard day.

With that being said, I understand that I could be doing more but I could be doing a whole lot LESS too. I've drawn some things that without this project I would not have made the time to draw before. This month my favorites were the watercolor penguin, the oil pastel landscape and the Sugar inspired scratchboard. I've already come a little way down the road of improving myself as an artist and a little further in adding a little more creativity to my daily existence. It has opened my eyes to try and see the world around me a little more clearly.

It's hard to not judge myself more harshly then I would judge others.

In any event, here is tonight's sketch inspired by Kevin's childhood :)
Materials: ink
Time: 15 minutes


No comments: