Navigation Bar

December 17, 2013

Day 32: Departure Lounge

I wanted to go for something maybe a little more funky then I would normally go for.

My friend Sarah runs her own personal style and consulting business called Cable Car Couture and while she was down visiting us with her husband for Thanksgiving, she and I talked fashion and shopping. Not only does this girl have amazing taste but the girl can SHOP! She has an eye for quality and good deals. We really got along.

Anyway, Sarah can really wear anything. She can go glam. She can go funky. She can go professional.   I am SURE she can go to much more then that too, but that versatility of image was refreshing to me. Also versatility of the items that you purchase. I feel like I have two levels of dressing: comfort and "teacher" which can be defined as hip/stylish or dumpy depending on the day. When I lived in NYC, I took time with my look and I miss that. I've improved a lot since I got rid of half my wardrobe. I downloaded the app StyleBook to help me manage my wardrobe, which helps me visualize how to use my wardrobe. It's time consuming uploading all the pics, but I have been taking it in baby steps and that seems to help.


Anyway, here is tonight's wardrobe:

Coat: Vintage
Pants: Jone's of New York
Shirt: Vintage
Sweater: gift from mom
Mittens: gift from Kevin
Shoes: gift from Laura
Hat: Kevin's :)

No comments: