Navigation Bar

December 31, 2013

Day 46: Washi tape jewelry dresser

have this junk jewelry dresser that I've had for like 10 years. The print is very girly and I have wanted to change its look for a long time. 



There is a lot of pink. All shades of pink. 

I am very slowly trying to improve the feeling of our bedroom. We recently received our first headboard for our bed and that classes things up a lot. Now I am considering what colors to use for new bedding,  which we have also never purchased for our married selves. With that comes ideas for improving existing furniture, removing culture, adding art and custom charming elements.

But first, improving this existing jewelry box that functions well and I like.

I have recently heard of washi tape and found a good deal for some at Costco. I realized I would need to reprint some items, so I jazzed up the holder and will do the drawers tomorrow. 

What do you think? I went for some modern colored flying geese-esque pattern with a fun banner pattern on top.



Materials: washi tape (6 styles, a few feet each color), vintage jewelry box, scissors, exacto knife
Time: 1 hour

No comments: