Navigation Bar

December 19, 2013

Day 34: Christmas Door Contest

I have three Teacher's Assistants and at my high school, there is an annual Holiday door decorating contest. I designed the door and my students executed my idea. I decided to go for an "under the sea" theme but then a TA suggested putting Santa hats on the fish and I was like YESSSS!




Here is the sketch of my original plan.


... and the student's interpretation of my instructions. What do you think?

I really like it :)

Sadly we didn't win, place or show because we didn't resort to (what I consider) cheap gimmicks like a rotating Christmas tree or a television plugged in playing classic holiday reruns.

Still, our's was pretty creative. I think I could improve on this theme for next year and make it better. Like having a GIANT octopus / kraken beast around the door (with a Santa hat) that my students have to walk through.

Today was the second to last day of school and boy, students are getting ready to be finished. Frankly, so are most of the teachers too!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I love it!!