Navigation Bar

August 21, 2008

New Thing #11: Track-tastic

Day one: Trip to visit family. I was able to find a really cheap roundtrip ticket to Klamath Falls via Amtrak. I have never been to Klamath Falls before and I've never taken the train further south then Eugene. But today, I took Amtrak to Klamath falls to visit my cousin Adrianne. I took the #11 Coast Starlight. I arrived on-time, which was a freakin' miracle. I had an interesting conversation with my 14-year-old seat partner. It was pretty interesting to talk to someone so much younger then me. I think I got to know her better then tons of people I know. She was worried that her grandma wouldn't be there to pick her up so for the first time I offered to wait with a complete stranger until her ride came to pick her up at a public train station. Her grandma was there and I was the one waiting a few minutes. They offered to wait with me, but Ader arrived 30 seconds later.

No comments: