Navigation Bar

August 15, 2008

New Thing #5: Happy Birthday Barbie


Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me! Have you ever seen those cakes that are the bottom part of Barbie's dress? I always wanted one growing up but for one reason or another I never had a chance to get one. I remember the unicorn sheet cake but no Barbie. So, this year, being creative in the kitchen, I made my own Barbie Birthday cake for my 25th birthday! I dyed the frosting blue and pink, picked up a $2 Ariel Barbie from Goodwill, ripped her legs off (and felt incredibly guilty thinking of movies like Toy Story), Covered her bum with saran-wrap, and plunked her in the top of two pieces of a baseball cake mold turned on the same side. I think it looks scrumptious and I'm glad I had to cut off some of the cake to make the top flat because now I'm eating it for breakfast. Only on someone's birthday is leftover cake crumbs drowning in frosting a suitable breakfast! Cheers!

No comments: