Navigation Bar

August 28, 2008

New Thing #18: My Future Self and Me

I had a job interview today. I think it went really well. We will see if I get the call back. While I was waiting for the interview to come around, I was reading in my "Get A Hobby!" book about blogging and about this service by http://www.futureme.org/ that will send an e-mail to yourself in the future to be delivered on any date that you see fit! I got home from the interview and I wrote an e-mail to my Future Self to be delivered on this same day, Aug 2009. I talked about many things (things to bring myself joy and encourage me if I am struggling with life) but most of the things I wrote just for my own eyes-- sorry guys! I did something similar to this in high school where we wrote something as seniors and my teacher snail-mailed it to us spring term of our first year in college to our parent's house. It was a neat thing then (especially seeing your own hand writing--- it made it more real somehow) and I think taking advantage of a free online service that will do it for you is just fantastic!

1 comment:

alicia said...

oh god, i find that site to be such a joy. i've written myself emails. i have received emails from myself. i sometimes enjoy just cruising through the banks of emails they have that you can read to see what others are writing themselves.

i really like to write myself emails when i'm at a low point because i get them later and think "oh, things are so much better now!"

it is nice.