Navigation Bar

August 26, 2008

New Thing #16: Taxi chat




Return from Klamath Falls. I had to call a cab to drop me off at Amtrak because Ader had to work. I sat in the front seat of a cab when no other passengers were in the car. Everyone might think that has happened to me in NYC, but really, unless the cab was packed and I had to navigate, I generally found excuses not to sit up front-- I'd be on my phone or reading...or really just sit in the back and ignore the driver completely only to tell him where to go. I know--It's rude but sometimes I didn't feel like chatting or the taxi driver looked a little... sketchy. So today, I sat up in the front and chatted away and told him where the best places were to park in Portland for his spanish class, etc. When I was at the station a circus train went by. I saw the Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Circus Train and I made a comment of "Why aren't the giraffe's heads poking out of the top of the railroad car?" to a neighbor who just stared at me. Then I realized I was getting confused with the movie "Dumbo" and I shuffled off quietly.

No comments: