Navigation Bar

August 30, 2008

New Thing #20: Ducks Signage

Kevin and I drove down for the Ducks vs. Huskies game. It was a 7 p.m. kickoff and we were meeting his parents down there before the game. We drove into town, parked at his friend's house and walked to Autzen. On the way to the stadium, we found a decent size piece of cardboard that was an old garage sale sign. We took it with us and bought a sharpie at the Duck Shop for $1.50 and wrote in GIANT letters:
NEWS FLASH: (other side)
DAWGS EAT POOP
We got tons of big laughs from it. Even from the University of Washington fans. It was my first time making a sign for a University of Oregon football game-- go ducks! I also want to take this time to say hello to Kimmy, who I ran into at the stadium. I was very honored to hear that she enjoys reading my new things blog---thank you very much Kimmy for the invitation to your home following the game, I'm so happy the ducks won! I bet you had a wonderful evening! Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie! It was so good to see you at the game. I did have a blast, especially since we won!

If/when you come down for the next game please know you are always welcome at our house, either to crash for the night or for post game beers.

Nathan and I have our own blog too- kimmyandnathan.com We don't post but a few times a week but it still feels good to get to write... I miss my magazine classes sometimes...