Navigation Bar

August 13, 2008

New Thing #3: Thank you, Umbrella Man


Since I was downtown for my recruiter interview, I took a moment to admire the statue in Pioneer Square called "Allow Me" (nicknamed The Umbrella Man). I've always liked that statue-- he looks so friendly, pointing out something to someone in mid-step. I had always wanted to get close to that statue, to really study him. He was clean and well-kept and looked so real. I couldn't help it. I had to hug him! I hugged umbrella man during the morning commute hours. People looked at me strange because I stayed there in the embrace for a few seconds. It was a little uncomfortable at first (since I was in nice clothes for my interview) But you know what the cool thing is-- it left a smile on my face for 4 city blocks-- who couldn't hug a statue and giggle at their own naivety? I'm glad I did it.

No comments: