Navigation Bar

August 14, 2008

New Thing #4: Zagat's

I had to go to Goodwill to pick up a few things and this "Restaurants To Check Out: A Do-It-Yourself Restaurant Guide" for $2 just jumped in to my basket. It's fantastic. It has all these little forms to fill out for local restaurants & carry-out restaurants. I am one of those people who LOVE filling out worksheets. My favorite attribute of the book is you can rate the ones you've already been to and then write down names of places you really want to check out. I made my own Zagat's guide to Portland restaurants. I am taking the time to look up all the special Happy Hour deals at my favorite places so I can include them too! What fun! I could never think of a good way to remember nice places--there always just seems to be a ton of post-its in a magazine but no real intent to actually try a specific one. I can't afford it right now to actually GO to the places but I can start to record all this great info--which was the whole point of me making my own Zagat's Guide to Portland in the first place.

No comments: