Navigation Bar

September 24, 2008

New Thing #45: Customer Complaint

After struggling for an hour with a product I got for a Christmas present, I took it back to the store and got a new one. Then I took THAT product home and that one was also faulty. So, I took that one back and got in-store credit. I then went home and I was so dissatisfied about how a product worked, that I wrote a formal complaint to the manufacturer.
"I was very disappointed with the "Quilting Basting Gun." I recieved it as a present for Christmas this year and it has taken me this long to get my quilt done. I took out the gun, loaded it and tried to baste my quilt together. On the very first try, it broke and a piece of red plastic fell out of the top when I shook it. I followed the instructions exactly--especially STEP 3, which was emphasized in the instructions. I took it to JoAnn's Fabrics and they swapped it for a new model. I thought the one I had was defective model but sure enough, when I brought the new Basting Gun home, it also continued to misfire and got jammed CONSTANTLY. I was incredibly dissatisfied with this product. I will never be buying anything from DRITZ that is sold at JoAnn's and I am going to look at your products to make sure that I never buy any of your junk again. On another note, I think the product is crappy because you made it with cheap, Chinese materials and now charge Americans $25.95 for a piece of junk that probably cost you about $5.00. You are terrible business people to ship your work overseas and I hope you go bankrupt."
9/29/08 Note: The company wrote me a nice e-mail back apologizing and asking if there was anything else they could do to make my experience better. Because I already returned the product, it's not like they needed to do anything but I was glad that they wrote back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

karla i love you! complaining about things is one of my favorite activities! i got a $200 ticket voucher from US airways for complaining to them. i think the trick is to sound very professional and i told them i "traveled a lot for business and pleasure and enjoy informing my friends about discount airfares, but i will not only NOT fly them again, i will go out of my way to discourage people from flying them!" not that they care, but sometimes it works.

xoxox erin