Navigation Bar

September 13, 2008

New Thing #34: Family Day

I had a nice family oriented day. In the afternoon my dad, my step-mom, and my step-brother came up to see my apartment. They had not been able to make it up until today so it was fun to show them around my neighborhood, my apartment complex and my cute place. We had a lovely lunch at McGrath's Fish House and we walked around the Powell's Bookstore.

Later that evening I went to see my mother and together we finished the Tuesday Oregonian crossword puzzle. Lately I've taken an interest in using crossword puzzles to try and improve my logical thinking, my spelling and vocabulary. When I was growing up, my mom used to do crosswords everyday but now that she can't use her hands much anymore, it's difficult to do them by herself. It was fun for both of us to try and figure it all out. The theme was "periods of time." I sat on the couch and read out the clues and we talked it through and we finally got it all! I have never done a crossword puzzle by myself--maybe that will be another new thing this year.

No comments: