Navigation Bar

September 19, 2008

New Thing #40: Letter of Tea Memories

I was feeling a little... nostalgic... today. My friends Heather, Cat and I used to go to bible study once a week in college and we would use it as a time to drink tea, do a bible study from our book of important biblical women and talk about prayer requests and what was going on in our lives. It ended up being a very soothing and comforting hour each week for me. A little rejuvenation time and a time that no matter what was happening between us, we put our differences aside and focused on each other. I heard that our bible study's husband's father had passed away recently and I felt bad about that so I wrote a long letter to an estranged person from my college days. I updated her on what was going on in my life and to say I was sorry about her loss. It was nice to reach out to her and I hope she will appreciate the gesture. I asked her to write back if she has time because I am interested to hear how she has been with her family and how life is treating her. She is such a kind lady and I feel kinda guilty about not having contacted her before but I really think now I have something to say. And better late then never...

No comments: