Navigation Bar

September 2, 2008

New Thing #23: Project Linus


As a D.I.Y. crafter, I have tons of nice yarn in my collection that isn't being used. I decided that I would do a knit project that would be giving back to the community: I am knitting a crib size blanket for Project Linus. This organization's mission is to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need of gifts of new, hand-made blankets & afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers." I started knitting it today, caste on my stitches and it's knitting up nicely. Note: For anyone interested in knitting blankets for this organization, please visit: http://www.projectlinus.org/ to find your own local chapter. They have restrictions on what types of yarns that can be used (NO WOOLS) and will give suggestions on patterns or tell you of any special needs/donations they could use. Upon completion of the blanket, I will post an image here.

No comments: