Navigation Bar

September 18, 2008

New Thing #39: White Crane

Since I normally work at the Y on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I thought I couldn't try any of the Tai Chi classes. But today, since my schedule was switched around, I went to my first ever Tai Chi class. I've always been interested in Tai Chi--partly because I'm a Star Trek: The Next Generation nerd and Lt. Worf is always doing the Klingon form of Tai Chi and I always think it looks so cool--but I was finally glad I got to try it for myself. It requires a ton of concentration, balance and muscle control (or relaxation as was my problem because I was all "dance-tricked-out"). The instructor was very good and he was teaching the Yang-Style Tai Chi in 37 Postures. I think we made it about half-way through all the moves. I hope I can do it again because I really enjoyed myself a whole lot! Now I am drinking green tea and trying to feel zen-like.

No comments: