Navigation Bar

September 6, 2008

New Thing #27: Cobbler


While I camping at Detroit Lake with Kevin this weekend, I had some spare time while sitting in front of the fire to work on a project or two. My mother had a Tandy Leather moccasin kit that she had bought for my dad while they were still together. With one thing and another, they just were never made. My dad is always wearing those leather boat shoes, so I knew he would still like them. This kit had leather precut pieces in dad's shoe size but had just never been put together. I made my dad a pair of leather moccasins. I took lace and stitched them together like the instructions said. I spread it out through the whole day: sewed the tops of the shoes (rode the jetski), sewed the heels (rode the jetski again), sewed the edges (ate dinner). It was a very fun project with a present that he'll really like. Here is a picture of what they look like (minus the brand name of course).

No comments: