Navigation Bar

September 11, 2008

New Thing #32: GOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!


First I would like to take a moment and say I am thinking of the families whose lives were affected by the 9/11 attacks. I have my own sad thoughts concerning this day.
Today my friend Erin and I went to go see a Portland Timbers game. They are the professional soccer team. It was really fun. They lost against the Charleston Battery 1-2. Suck! But they had "thirsty thursdays" so beer was only $2! Good deal! It was my first soccer game in general that I saw live but Erin played soccer in school so she was able to walk me through the rules. A portion of the crowd was very excited flipping scarves around and streamers and banners and their "mascot" was a guy wielding a chainsaw. That was a little freaky. When the Timbers scored a goal, he sawed off a log ring and held it up for the wild crowd.

No comments: