Navigation Bar

September 9, 2008

New Thing #30: Ripper & Warbler

My first day of work went really well! I'm so excited but a little shocked to hit the ground running! Today I used a seam ripper to rip all the seams out of two California king size sheets for quilt backs. It wasn't too time intensive but I had to do it so I could iron the whole thing and not waste a ton of fabric. I bought sheets at Ikea for $7, which is cheaper then buying 4 to 6 yards of the cheapest cotton Joann's had in stock. Tonight I went to Valentine's with the girls and heard this strange woman "singing" that was a cross between warbling & sitar playing. Then we almost got kicked out for talking to loud because the bartender came up to us after saying "I come in peace" and asked us to keep it down. We were very polite but we were scandalized we had to keep it down when we weren't charged a cover to get in, you know? Free country and all that jazz.

1 comment:

Sarah N. said...

Hi Karla!
We will be giving away the baby chinchillas, and I would love for you guys to have one! However, we won't be giving any away just yet, as they're newborns and they're still breastfeeding. Of course, I'm leaving for Ohio in a month so it would be great to give them away by then, but I'm not sure how well they could separate from mom even at that point. From my other experiences, by 4-5 weeks they're definitely trying out hay and regular food, so they'd probably be ok. I'll do more research on it and get back to you!!!